Table of Contents
TikTok influencer campaigns have revolutionized social media. The app created a source of endless customized content for its users and created untouched territory for influencer marketing. It also gave rise to new influencers that Instagram and YouTube had never seen before.
Influencer marketing began testing its waters on TikTok in 2020, running campaigns and figuring out how to leverage the platform. Once a few TikTok influencer campaigns gained traction, more and more brands began entering and pouring thousands of dollars into the app for influencer marketing. Fast forward to today, TikTok has matured and huge brands like Netflix, Gymshark, Chipotle, and the NFL have entered the TikTok influencer marketing arena running some of the most successful influencer campaigns on the app.
Needless to say, if you are not incorporating TikTok into your influencer marketing strategy, you may be falling behind in the races. Not convinced yet that TikTok influencer campaigns are worth it? Check out these statistics showcasing the numbers TikTok influencer marketing has tapped into.
- 1 billion videos are viewed on the platform every day
- 800 million monthly users
- TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes on the platform daily
- About 50% of TikTok’s global audience is aged 34 years or younger
- 41% of TikTok users are aged 16-24
- US adult TikTok users grew 5.5x
Ready to begin crafting successful TikTok influencer campaigns? Keep reading to learn where to start and how to drive massive return on investment.
Do you have a target audience aged 16-34? Do you promote creative content like music, art or fashion? Are you a small brand looking for a major growth in following? If you answered yes to any of these questions, TikTok influencer campaigns are perfectly suited for you and your brand.
Before working on creative and selecting influencers for your campaign, you will want to organize your campaign goals. What do you want to achieve? Some campaign goal examples include having an eclectic roster, reaching new audiences, boosting brand awareness, increasing follower count, or having coherent content. Every campaign serves a different purpose and these are only a few examples of campaign goals. Referencing back to this list can be a great tool if you do not know where to start.
Selecting Advertisement Style
Four advertisement styles are offered on TikTok and you must select one that you think best fits your campaign goals. Below are descriptions of each.
1. In-Feed Native Videos
In-Feed Native advertisements are integrated into a users For You Page. These advertisements flow with a users regular feed as they typically follow current trends or challenges. Brands pay per impression with In-Feed Native Videos.
2. Hashtag Challenges
Hashtag ads interact with the audience by creating a brand hashtag to associate with the challenge and product. These campaigns promote organic audience engagement by encouraging them to participate and put their own creative spin on the challenge. Hashtag challenges are paid for per week.
3. Brand Takeovers
Brand Takeovers take over a user’s entire screen when they open the app. Brands can take this approach if they want to direct more traffic to a filter, hashtag challenge, or company website. Brand Takeovers are paid for daily.
4. Branded Filter or Lens
Branded Filters and Lens are interactive and enable creators and audiences to get creative while simultaneously promoting brand awareness, creating a more organic feel. Branded filters and lenses are paid for daily.
Want more details on pricing? Check out our TikTokker Pricing Guide.
Strategy + Creative
After choosing an advertisement style, you have to embark on the creative strategy process. A successful TikTok influencer campaign will leverage the platform and spark organic audience engagement in likes, comments, and organic content creation.
Leveraging the platform may look like developing original music and choreography or establishing a viral hashtag challenge so people can participate in the trend too. We recommend having at least one hashtag to pair with your influencer campaign. Doing so will collect all videos created in one place and increase brand and campaign awareness.
We also recommend pre-screening all creative before it goes live and creating a content schedule so you know who is posting when.
Looking to run an epic influencer marketing campaign on TikTok? NeoReach has the best experience in creating viral campaigns that convert on social media. Sign up here!
There are two primary ways you can find influencers. The first option is to use an influencer search tool and to find influencers to contract yourself. Finding the right influencers this method can be tedious and time consuming. Moreover, building relationships with influencers takes time so influencers may be more hesitant at first.
The second, most common option is to go through an influencer marketing company. Influencer marketing firms have extensive databases, experiences, and established relationships with influencers allowing them to quickly help brands find the right influencers.
As a brand you should look for things when selecting influencers such as influencers who only post brand-safe content (no hateful or inappropriate content), influencers who are active and post a lot of content, and influencers who interact with their audience.
Want an easier way to search for perfect fit, engaging influencers? Read about our new release freemium influencer marketing database here.
Successful TikTok Campaigns Study
We just threw a ton of information at you and you may be wondering what it all looks like in action. To show you, we have compiled key takeaways and content from some of the most successful TikTok influencer campaigns we have had the privilege to work on.
1. Moose Toys
The OhMyGif campaign promoted the launch of their new toy, ‘Oh My Gif’ on TikTok.
- A unified campaign with coherent content
- Audience engagement and data collection
Strategy + Creative
- Activated 52 influencers with audiences between 23K-28M followers creating an organic feel to the campaign.
- Different sized creators posted in a waterfall pattern, posting at different times throughout the campaign leveraging the TikTok algorithm.
- Unified content implemented by developing an original song specifically licensed for Moose Toys and choreographing an original dance to go with the music. Each influencer used their own rendition of the choreography with the song and used the hashtag #OhMyGif
- Created a landing page the collected audience interest for future campaigns and sent free toys to select audience members who filled out the form so they could create their own #OhMyGif video
- 148.3M views of the hashtag #OhMyGif
- 7K+ videos using OhMyGif original song
- Bonus 270K+ views through cross channel promotion
Quevos wanted to build awareness around their healthy snack, keto-friendly chips.
- Target micro and nano influencers in the health food category
- Earn high impressions and reach as many people as possible
- 280 micro-influencers activated
- Activated athletes, dieticians, trainers, and yoga instructors to represent the health food category
- Influencers were sent a 6-pack of Quevos chips and earned commission on any sales
- Influencers were given their own unique 10% off discount code
- Each post had the #eatquevos hashtag
- Instagram swipe ups and links in bio’s sent audiences straight to the Quevos website
- Influencers who performed well were invited to become brand ambassadors for Quevos
- The campaign was pushed on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- 1.1M views of #eatquevos on TikTok
- 15K unique website visits
- Estimated that for every sale brought to the website, 2 additional sales were made on Amazon
- 2x Quevos Instagram following
- 25K total revenue
- 550% increased return on investment
DraftKings wanted to grow their presence on TikTok.
- Increase TikTok follower count
- Build an influencer base to work with moving forward
- Activated an eclectic roster of 50 unique influencers
- Dancers, comedians, international trickshotters, firefighters and more were activated
- Each influencer had over 80% of their audience within DraftKings target market
- Influencer brought to life the creative concept “Create your own touchdown dance”
- Paired original touchdown dance with DraftKings original song and the hashtags #MakeItReign and #Touchdowndance
- 34.3M+ views of #MakeItReign and #DraftKings
- 30K+ growth in followers
- 400+ pieces of organic fan content
- 8.1M and counting TikTok video views
Overall, you can get as creative as you would like with your TikTok influencer campaigns. Creativity is what the platform is all about, right?
We hope this article helps you on your TikTok campaign journey. Check out some of our other TikTok blog resources like the best time to post on TikTok and our Crucial Catch Campaign Tear Down to get more TikTok inspiration.