Table of Contents
Known for spending lots of time online, Gen Z is a demographic full of those who not only consume a lot of content but who also create it. While there are many big celebrities and influencers who are not Gen Z, three’s been a noticeable rise in Gen Z content creators popping up as the years go on. It’s really no surprise, as many younger people are not only actively using social media, but are given the chance of success through it as well. This list includes some of the most popular and high-achieving Gen Z content creators on social media at the moment. Keep reading to see if your favorite has made the list!
- Instagram: zendaya – 70.7M followers
- TikTok: queenzendaya – 85.7K followers
- Twitter: Zendaya – 17.3M followers
- Facebook: Zendaya – 14.7M followers
- YouTube: Zendaya – 2.68M subscribers
Zendaya, 23 years old, is an American actress and singer. She started out her career as a backup dancer and child model, but rose to fame with her lead role on Disney Channel’s “Shake It Up”. She appeared on numerous other shows and movies as well, such as Disney’s “K.C. Undercover”, HBO’s “Euphoria”, “Dancing with the Stars”, “Spiderman: Homecoming”, and more. Her music career broke through with her debut single “Replay”, reaching the top 50 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. She has a notable social media presence and continues to be cast in movies.
2. James Charles
- Instagram: jamescharles – 18.5M followers
- TikTok: jamescharles – 16.6M followers
- Twitter: jamescharles – 5.7M followers
- Facebook: James Charles – 636.1K followers
- YouTube: James Charles – 19.3M subscribers
James Charles is a 21-year-old YouTuber, make-up artist, and model. A popular Internet personality, he started out his career with his YouTube channel, which he started in 2015. He gained popularity quickly as a male make-up artist, and what began as a way for him to share his love for cosmetics turned into him becoming a big influencer. He was even the first male CoverGirl spokesperson!
3. Emma Chamberlain
- Instagram: emmachamberlain – 9.5M followers
- TikTok: emmachamberlain – 6.1M followers
- Twitter: emmachamberlain – 3.3M followers
- YouTube: emma chamberlain – 9M subscribers
Emma Chamberlain is a 19-year-old popular YouTuber. Known for her funny lifestyle vlogs, she began her YouTube channel in 2016, though she uploaded her first video in 2017. At first, it seemed like her channel had a slow start, but she rose to fame quickly. As her videos began going viral, her subscriber count rapidly increased, going from a mere 4K to 100K subscribers in August 2017 alone. Since then, she’s accomplished a lot, such as winning the 2018 Streamy Award for Breakout Creator and starting her podcast series in 2019.
4. Charli D’Amelio
- Instagram: charlidamelio – 19.7M followers
- TikTok: charlidamelio – 60.5M followers
- Twitter: charlidamelio – 2.1M followers
- Facebook: Charli D’Amelio – 179K followers
- YouTube: charli d’amelio – 4.57M subscribers
Charli D’Amelio is a social media personality and dancer. Although she’s only 16 years old, she’s very successful and well-known on social media. She’s even the most followed TikTok account! She was active on social media in 2016, but rose to fame in June 2019 when she created her TikTok account. She posts lots of dance videos online, also having some popular dancing gigs as well, such as her performance at the NBA All-Star game in early 2020.
- Instagram: mattybraps – 3.5M followers
- TikTok: mattybraps – 3.4M followers
- Twitter: MattyBRaps – 835.1K followers
- Facebook: MattyBRaps – 7.7M followers
- YouTube: MattyBRaps – 13.5M subscribers
MattyBRaps is a 17-year-old singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, and of course, rapper. Out of all the content creators on the list, MattyB pretty much grew up on the Internet. He started releasing music in 2010, remixing popular songs such as “I Believe In You” and “Just the Way You Are”. He began gaining traction on social media in late 2012, charting 11th on the Billboard Social Chart 50 with his music video “That’s the Way”. Ever since then, he’s been actively releasing tracks, appearing on TV shows, and even being featured in commercials.
6. JoJo Siwa
- Instagram: itsjojosiwa – 9.4M followers
- TikTok: itsjojosiwa – 24.2M followers
- Twitter: itsjojosiwa – 450.7K followers
- Facebook: JoJo Siwa – 709.8K followers
- YouTube: Its Jojo Siwa – 11.3M subscribers
JoJo Siwa is a 17-year-old social media sensation, singer, dancer, and actress. Popular with a younger audience, JoJo began her career by appearing in the show “Dance Moms” for two seasons. She has also starred in dance competitions in the past. She began her musical career in 2016 with the release of her song “Boomerang”, which has gained hundreds of millions of views. She’s released plenty of songs since then, even going on tour in 2019! She’s signed with Nickelodeon and also has a line of makeup and hair accessories.
7. Hailee Steinfeld
- Instagram: haileesteinfeld – 13.1M followers
- TikTok: haileesteinfeld – 1.1M followers
- Twitter: HaileeSteinfeld – 1M followers
- Facebook: Hailee Steinfeld – 1.4M followers
- YouTube: Hailee Steinfeld – 3.91M subscribers
Hailee Steinfeld is a 23-year-old actress, singer, songwriter, and social media personality. She’s been acting since she was only 10 years old, her breakout role being in the film “True Grit”. Other films she’s acted in are “Charlie’s Angels”, “The Edge of Seventeen”, “Pitch Perfect 2”, and “Bumblebee”. She’s acted in TV shows as well, and also has two EPs, “Haiz” and “Half Written Story”. Also known for her activism, she often donates to charities.
8. Jordyn Woods
- Instagram: jordynwoods – 11.6M followers
- TikTok: jordyn_woods – 13.8K followers
- Twitter: jordynwoods – 750.6K followers
- Facebook: Jordyn Woods – 170.3K followers
- YouTube: Jordyn Woods – 263K subscribers
Jordyn Woods is a 22-year-old Instagram star, social media personality, and model. Before she gained her following, she was known for being close friends with the Kardashians, particularly Kylie Jenner. Like some other content creators on this list, she started out her career young, modeling since she was 6 years old. As for her rise to fame, she’s modeled in publications such as “Vogue” and “Kylie Cosmetics”, grew popular on Vine, and was featured in “Keeping Up With the Kardashians”.
9. Addison Rae
- Instagram: addisonrae – 18.5M followers
- TikTok: addisonre – 43.4M followers
- Twitter: whoisaddison – 2.1M followers
- Facebook: Addison Rae – 40.1K followers
- YouTube: Addison Rae – 2.23M subscribers
Addison Rae is a 19-year-old TikTok star and model. She got famous once she started posting on TikTok, having amassed a large following of almost 50 million on the app. She posts mainly lip-sync videos but also posts dance and comedy videos. Having collaborated with other TikTok stars, Addison is the co-founder of Hype House, a group of popular content creators who collaborate on social media apps together. Some of her other achievements have been being featured in the 2020 NBA All-Star game and signing with talent agency WME.
10. Annie LeBlanc
- Instagram: annieleblanc – 8.8M followers
- TikTok: annieleblanc – 15.8M followers
- Twitter: annieleblanc – 346.6K followers
- YouTube: Annie LeBlanc – 3.9M subscribers
Annie LeBlanc is an Internet personality, singer, and actress. The youngest of these top content creators, Annie is 15 years old, but has accumulated a large number of followers on social media, and has even been dubbed one of the most famous teens in the world by Business Insider. Known for being a lead star on the web channel “Brat”, she has appeared in various shows and films. Brat’s “Chicken Girls” and “Chicken Girls: The Movie”, as well as Nickelodeon’s “All That”.
Here are more top Gen Z content creators who didn’t make the list: