Table of Contents
Though it might not feel or look like it all the time, Spring is well and truly here. Time to break out the tank tops and soak up some much needed fresh air and Vitamin D. Spring doesn’t just bring warmth, it also brings new blooms, and your favorite food influencers are breaking out vibrant, unique spring recipes on TikTok to take full advantage of all the new flavors sprouting up.
- 2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150ml) warm water, more or less depending on your flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon molasses
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 100g sesame seeds toasted
Iona has been making breakfast foods from around the world to overcome her eating disorder. In one of the most recent installments, we found ourselves in Turkey. Iona made a huge spread that included the popular Turkish street food simit. The recipe for this actually came from Amira, and you can find all the instructions here. Have it plain or enjoy it with your favorite dip.
2. Ciabatta Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 2/3 cup Bread flour or All-Purpose flour (3 oz.)
- 6 Tbsp Water (3 oz.)
- 1/8 tsp. Active dry Yeast
- 2 1/2 cups Bread Flour or All-Purpose flour (13 oz.)
- 1 cup Water (8.5 oz.)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast (0.25 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese (or more!)
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Parmesan (optional)
Jalen (@jalenlynette) has dozens of great spring recipes on her TikTok, and, with over 4 million views, this cheesy garlic ciabatta is definitely a fan favorite. Enjoy the soft music and gentle baking ASMR sounds as you embark on this quarantine bread baking journey (or continue a year long self isolation pastime).
Looking for more of the internet ASMR trend? Read about the rise of ASMR and the top ASMR influencers here.
3. Magnolia Cookies
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or fat of choice
- 1 tbsp Nocino or vanilla extract
- ¾ cup magnolia syrup (1 part water, 1.5 parts sugar, 4 parts petals)
- 3.25 cup flour
- 1 tbsp grated frozen magnolia
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Picking flowers and baking them into cookies is literally the perfect way to live out your peak cottagecore lifestyle. According to Alexis Nicole, TikTok’s resident Black forager, magnolia petals taste kind of like ginger. This spring recipe is a play on gingersnaps, and I will definitely be making these just as soon as I can find some magnolias…
4. Dal Tadka
- 1 cup yellow moong dal, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup red masoor dal, rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes (or 1 large), diced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 dry red chili, break into a couple pieces so the ghee can get inside (eliminate for less heat)
Chaheti got this recipe from her mother, the queen of dal. Not only is this dish absolutely delicious, it’s also super easy to prepare, especially if you’ve never made dal before. You can play with the spices depending on your tastes and how much work you feel like doing. This dal is one of those perfect spring recipes for nights when it’s still a little chilly out.
5. Persian/Iranian Inspired Latte
- Saffron or saffron water
- Rose water
- Milk of choice
You can drink this hot or cold, in the morning or after dinner, there is no wrong way to enjoy Evangelo’s lovely Middle Eastern latte. The prep is super simple, basically just a lot of stirring. Since we can’t amass cafés just yet, get a fancy glass and ice cubes and enjoy your refreshment outside.
Looking to run an epic influencer marketing campaign on TikTok? NeoReach has the best experience in creating viral campaigns that convert on social media. Sign up here!
6. Homemade Gnocchi
- Russet potatoes
- 2 eggs
Gnocchi lessons from Enrico’s dad:
- Russet potatoes only. Anything else is wrong.
- You wanna eat lumps? No, so mash the potatoes to butter.
- You don’t need a fancy board to shape the pasta. Just take a fork, put your thumb in the middle of the dough, and roll.
- You gotta heavily salt the water.
- Love slaps are a necessary part of the cooking process.
7. Scallion Pancake
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- ½ cup scallions
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp seasoning of choice
- ¼ cup hot oil
Scallion pancakes 🔥
We’ve had meals and drinks, now it’s time for a good snack. Ian serves this fresh spring recipe with some chili oil sauce, but you can pair these with whatever dip or meal you like.
8. Pulled Pork Burger
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Sprigs of fresh thyme leaves (finely chopped, stems removed)
- Olive oil
- 2-3kg pork shoulder bone in (rind removed, but keep this for crackling)
- 4 onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 500ml apple cider
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tsp honey
- 1.5 tsp chipotle paste
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 350g (1/2 of a whole) red cabbage (finely sliced)
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- A handful of coriander (roughly chopped)
- Salt & pepper
You’ve probably seen one of the many duets singing along to Sam’s rhythmic cooking, and it’s no wonder they have so many views. It’s dinner and a show. Lucky for us, Sam puts all his spring recipes on his website so we don’t have to worry about missing ingredients when we blink.
9. Matcha Chai Latte
- Iced matcha latte
- 2 pumps of chai
stitch with @annaxsitar w oat milk bitch
Ok so maybe this is kind of cheating but it is definitely one of the top spring recipes on TikTok. Everyone, including Lizzo, has been obsessed with this drink. When Lizzo says try it, you try it. If you’re up for the challenge, flex on everyone and make this drink at home.
TikTok has had a huge impact on the music industry. Read more about how TikTok created a social media music industry here.
10. Hazelnut Parsnip Soup
- ½ butternut squash
- 1 parsnip
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups water
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
I am not in Disney World nor do I expect to be at any point in the near future, but thanks to Élise I can at least eat like one of my favorite Disney characters. Being locked inside has really made me feel closer to Rapunzel. Now I just have to play guitar, knit, make candles, and wonder when my life will begin.
|Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake||@jalenlynette|
|TikTok Brownies ||@cookingwithlynja|
|Blackberry and Earl Grey Scones||@ladyoflaw|