Table of Contents
1. Know the Different Types of Instagram Hashtags
- Branded Hashtags: These are hashtags created by brands specifically to increase brand awareness. Typically they include the brand name or slogan. Ex: #OldNavyStyle
- Industry Hashtags: These are hashtags specific to a certain industry used to connect events, themes, and topics within that industry. Ex: #beauty
- Community Hashtags: These are hashtags specific to a certain community. Usually, community hashtags appeal to more niche audiences and have smaller numbers of posts within them. Using community hashtags is a great way to share your content with a more targeted audience. Ex: #WomenWhoTravel appeals to a more specific community of people then the more generic #travel.
- Campaign/Product-Specific: These hashtags are used by brands to promote specific campaigns or products within their company. Ex: LuLuLemon’s #4080Challenge