Table of Contents
As the influencer marketing industry continues its boom, social media companies look for new ways to keep content creators engaged. With video at the forefront of digital marketing, social media sites are developing tools to make video creation and monetization as easy as possible, and Facebook is no exception.
What is Facebook for Creators?
With video creators in mind, Facebook released Facebook for Creators. In addition to useful tools, Facebook for Creators is packed with tips, tricks, and inspiring stories for users to get the most out of sharing and monetizing videos on Facebook.
To empower creators, Facebook for Creators is based on three ideas:
- Unleash Your Creativity
- Get Rewarded
With this foundation, Facebook for Creators sounds like a slam dunk for the influencer marketing industry. In this article, we’ll break down the platform and discuss how users can benefit from its resources.
New decade, new goals? Find inspiration here! http://bit.ly/36HaKdD #FacebookForCreators
Facebook for Creators has its tools divided into three categories: Manage, Earn Money, and Engage. Breaking down the video monetization process down to chronological steps not only streamlines the process for creators and Page managers, but the tools found here also allow those handling multiple Pages operate in one central location. And it gets better– Facebook for Creators integrates Facebook and Instagram. Add that to your toolbox, social media managers!
- Video Ecosystem: The Video Ecosystem of Facebook for Creators helps users match video surfaces with content types. Targeted to assist brands with fan engagements, the Video Ecosystem helps users captivate viewers, deepen engagement, and ultimately optimize video creation. The Video Ecosystem integrates Instagram as well, and encourages optimization for mobile-first viewing.
- Creator Studio: Creator Studio is a desktop app within Facebook for Creators that simplifies the process of managing a video business. With tools to post, monetize, interact with fans, and track performance, Creator Studio lets social media managers do their jobs in one single place. Access to the various tools of Creator Studio is determined by the user’s Facebook Page Role and Instagram accounts linked to that Page. All the details can be found here. Additionally, the monetization eligibility status of a Page determines whether or not the monetization tab is visible to the user. In order to use Creator Studio to crosspost on Instagram and to monitor performance on Instagram, the account must either be a Business Profile or Creator Account.
- In-Stream Ads: The first of the four tools to earn money using Facebook for Creators, In-Stream Ads provide an opportunity to earn money by inserting short ads into qualifying videos using automatic placement and offering insights for improvement. In order to qualify for In-Stream Ads, a user must:
- Brand Collaborations: Facebook for Creators can help match creators with brands that best match their interests. Using their Brand Collabs Manager, a user can develop a portfolio that helps brands when they search for available creators to work with. In order to qualify for Brand Collabs Manager, a user must:
- Comply with Facebook’s Branded Content Policies, which don’t allow certain forms of branded content such as roll ads or banner ads
- Meet Facebook’s Partner Monetization Policies
- Have 1,000 followers and at least one of the following:
- 15,000 Post Engagements (The number of times people have engaged with posts through likes, comments and shares, and more) in the last 60 days
- 180,000 Minutes Viewed in the last 60 days
- 30,000 1-Minute views for 3-Minute Videos in the last 60 days
- Be a Page Admin for the page being submitted
- Have a Page that is in a Brand Collabs Manager eligible country
- Fan Subscriptions: Facebook for Creators helps users turn fans into supporters with recurring monthly subscriptions on the user’s own terms. Fan Subscriptions is yet another feature to help creators monetize their content by providing exclusive access to paid subscribers in a way that fits the creator’s brand. Currently, Fan Subscriptions are not available in the U.S., but in order to qualify for Fan Subscriptions, a Page and content must be in line with:
The sense of community Facebook for Creators encourages is seen in its Groups feature, where users are urged to create a Group so those with similar interests can connect. According to Facebook for Creators, a Group helps provide authentic conversations and deepen the connection to a fanbase. Any individual or Page can create a Group and up to 200 Groups can be linked to a single Page. Insights are available for Groups with 250+ members for which the user or the Page is an admin. In order to officially link a Group to a Page:
- The user must be an admin of the Page
- The user or the Page must be an admin of the Group
- The Page cannot have an age restriction.
Facebook for Creators in Action
“In-stream ads have completely transformed my content. The motivation of in-stream ads to create quality three-minute videos has not only resulted in earning more revenue, but increasing my following and attracting brands.” Trey Kennedy, a comedian who transitioned from one-minute Instagram videos to three-minute Facebook videos, primarily publishes video content and grew his Page following by over 30% from November 2018 to January 2019 with Facebook for Creators.
Benito Skinner’s astounding rise to fame came thanks to the seamless integration of Instagram and Facebook with Facebook for Creators. The actor/comedian grew his Facebook page following from under 800 at the beginning of 2018 to 141.1K by the end of that year. Then that number doubled by the end of 2019! Utilizing in-stream ads and building a strong brand, Benito leveraged his influence on both Facebook and Instagram.
Become a Facebook Creator
Ready to unleash your creativity, engage, connect, and get rewarded? Getting started with Facebook for Creators is easy. Complete the following steps and become a Facebook Creator today.
- Create a Page
- Change category to Video Creator
- Connect Instagram and Facebook accounts
- Create videos
- Upload videos
- Crosspost Instagram videos